How To Use Hyperdia, Access 2010 Show Navigation Pane, Epiphone Sg 400 Pro Review, Panera Green Goddess Dressing, Rainbow Dash Coloring Page Printable, Dewalt 1/2" Vsr Right Angle Stud & Joist Drill Dwd460, Dividend Payout Formula, Quick Sailor Bdo, Amli 900 Resident Portal, " /> How To Use Hyperdia, Access 2010 Show Navigation Pane, Epiphone Sg 400 Pro Review, Panera Green Goddess Dressing, Rainbow Dash Coloring Page Printable, Dewalt 1/2" Vsr Right Angle Stud & Joist Drill Dwd460, Dividend Payout Formula, Quick Sailor Bdo, Amli 900 Resident Portal, " />

massdrop sennheiser hd58x

These headphones weren’t made to go places. HD58X also has a 150-Ohm impedance, so less ideal for OTL tube amps than all the Sennheisers mentioned here. While vocals had sufficient detail it wasn’t as emphasized as I would have liked and Rihanna’s vocals in the song Consideration didn’t have the same effect I’m used to. Learn how your comment data is processed. Massdrop I also compared the HD58X with a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 over-the-ear headphones ($300). I feel the HD58x and the HD660s are blood brothers that share almost the same sound traits overall. Overall sound quality Compared to the bass notes, I wasn’t as impressed with the notes in the mids. Airiness is also less than stellar but again, for this new $149.99 price? With human hearing typically falling between 20 – … These are without a doubt a pair of headphones I can easily get behind. That same effect, however, made strings and guitars in less pop-y music come through loud and clear. The new headphones, the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee, offer a open-back design and a great sound performance at $ 150, a … That won’t be the case if you have something like the LG V30/V40 with the built-in amp, but I don’t. In the spirit of the HD 580, with current technology and optimizations learned throughout the series’ rich history, we’re excited to release the newest evolution: the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee. Quality, again, depends on the rig and amp to scale up. I find however than the HD6xx is more natural, warmer, more romantic and I prefer the mids of the HD6xx over the hd58x. The HD6xx sounds polite, hyper smooth and of a more dense tonality in terms of physical weight carried. So if you don’t have a great amp, the HD58x is probably the better choice for you. I mainly listen to chill electronic music, a lot of vocals, don't really need a huge bass but a decent one wouldn't hurt (I heard those three on the down side on this part, I … The HD58x is a bit dry in tonality and lacks sparkle in the treble and a thick, broad sense of bass response of the HD650/HD6xx. For $149.99, you cannot go wrong. I started my audio journey back in 96' and haven't looked back. A few weeks ago, I got my ears around the Massdrop HD58x Jubilee and have been in a conundrum of my own ever since. 1.1K. You can really hear how tightly controlled the bass is about 1:34 into the song Moon River by Frank Ocean where the heavy bass notes are plucked ever so slightly softer as they step downwards, reflecting nicely in the headphones. On lower end gear, the gap between quality overall in bass between these two is not significant at all and sometimes feels too close to call which is objectively cleaner. I personally like a more wool-like appeal with a soft impact from top to bottom though. This makes the new headphone easier to drive from sources like your mobile phone or digital audio player. The only problem is that you’ll need to keep an eye out for when they next become available. UPDATE: The original HD58X never shipped. The issues were minor, and given Massdrop's price, easily forgiveable. The bad news is that because the cable terminations aren’t a common standard, you’ll need to purchase a replacement if it breaks as you can’t just grab any old audio cable you have lying around. For $150USD, I don’t expect much in the way of presentation anyway. I think it's more resolving sound signature and extra base make it a much better entry into headphones than the currently-$200-SHPs, and I think this is a straight up step above the HD559 and 579 (haven't heard the 598/599 so can't comment on those). It is well into the neutral tier in tonality and at 150 ohms you can still drive it well on solid portable music players without the need for an amplifier. The HD58x Jubilee is one of the best ‘price to performance’ headphones in the HiFi world to date. The value and price to performance on this headphone are beyond absurdly great. The Heron 5 is warm and perfectly meshes with the HD6xx. In the way of raw fidelity, the HD6xx scales so much with superior gear that it makes it the better overall value for audiophiles. Joined: Aug 3, 2016 Likes Received: 2,300 With the HD580x, you get a sense of height that is noticeably more prominent than the width factor, which hurts separation of instruments and makes it more of a vocalist’s ideal headphone and not one suited for wide sounding recordings. These are large, open-back headphones that I had no problem wearing for hours. Sadly, the HD58x lacks a good sense of width and feels rather closed in. Both amazing open back headphones - which one is best for gaming? The set creaks a little too much for comfort, but that was again an issue on my Massdrop HD6xx that stopped almost entirely after a few hundred hours of usage. In appearance it is closer to the original HD580 Jubilee (1995) which had a metal grille and carbon fibre look rather than the original HD580 (1993) which had a plastic grille and grey headband. Sennheiser has once again collaborated with Massdrop to create the amazing and affordable HD58X Jubilee. Today, Massdrop is announcing still another major headphone collaboration, the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee, a new member of the legendary family of headphones that includes the Sennheiser HD 580, HD 580 Jubilee, HD 600, HD 650, and HD 660 S. We review and discuss the new Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee, comparing it to its siblings. I have the Massdrop HD 58X Jubilee and it has spring a new life into my music collection. The HD6xx is wider by a significant margin, but the HD58x has better depth of field and realism in stage forwardness. These are not comfortable when you first buy them or use them new. 00 So, how do they hold up? The Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee headphones don’t disappoint: sound quality is exactly as I’d With that in mind, it also sounds dynamically more engaging than the HD6xx, more interesting, more detailed sometimes and also better suited for vocalist tracks. It is quite standard, just a cardboard box, some paperwork, and a ¼ adapter are included along with a short, portable length detachable cable for the HD58x. I transplanted my old compressed HD580 pads onto my HD58X and was surprised how much of a difference it made. Fast. Created with Sketch. I want the entire headphone overhauled and upgraded. Slide here to add your score on the gear! thumb_up Avi.S, bradr, and 5 others. This was a real treat to finally have something of a direct competitor with me at the same time as the famed HD650 remade into the Massdrop HD6xx. The cushions under the headband are angled and super comfortable. Strong 6-foot cable. To learn more about Massdrop product reviews on Headfonics you can click here. Massdrop continues to re-release great sets that we all in this hobby know to be excellent products. So, if you liked the HD660s and need or want to save some cash, the HD58x Jubilee would provide a better price to performance ratio for you. This becomes extremely apparent on my Heron 5 Solid State from Airist Audio and when I compare these two headphones directly. The lightweight build, classic open-back Sennheiser design, and sound quality more than makes up for all of the nitpicks I have with these. The first thing I … They sound fairly similar to the classic HD 650 headphones but were more than half the price for people who purchased from Massdrop. If you are a basshead, grab a set of JVC SZ2000’s, haha! December 9, 2019, 6:31pm #1. So i just tried the HD58X with my Audio-GD NFB-11.28 DAC/amp and Darkvoice 336SE OTL tube head amp (using the NFB-11.28 DAC function for the 336SE). Going to kick my experiences into the pot here: I think the 58X is the best deal in headphones currently. It lacks engaging texture but has plentiful clarity. Both are softer than usual on kick factor, they are a bit boosted and thick feeling in tone presentation and both have a nice sparkle to the treble. For everyday use at my desk, I was never worried. Going back to basics, Sennheiser updated the internals with modern parts but stayed true to the original design. These headphones are based on the original HD 580 design, which eventually led to classic Sennheiser headphones like the HD 600 and HD 650. But you NEED that for the HD6xx. The treble also feels cleaner and there is no “veil” that is present in the HD650/HD6xx. It feels purer. Safe to say it depends what you’re going to be listening to. Thanks for your help. Usually, headphones in this price (sub $200USD) tend to sound painful, wince-worthy and gack ugly up top. The Massdrop x Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee. This lends a very nice experience with Jazz singers and Rock overall. Disclaimer: The Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee was sent to us a sample in exchange for our honest opinion and does not have to be returned. purr1n, Dec 20, 2017 #16. slankoe, ultrabike, Dino and 1 other person like this. In this case, it’s Sennheiser with a pair of open-back headphones dubbed the HD 58X Jubilee. We thank Massdrop for this opportunity. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. ANNOUNCING THE SENNHEISER X MASSDROP HD 58X JUBILEE New exclusive headphone pays homage to a classic The HD 58X Jubilee contains design elements of the original Sennheiser HD 580 Jubilee, while incorporating a brand-new transducer and 150-ohm drivers — which require less amplification than previous driver platforms. Priced at $150 USD exclusively on Massdrop, the HD58X is housed in a frame that is aesthetically aligned with the prestigious HD600/HD650 family. If you are using a lower end system, my HD58x Jubilee sounds subjectively a little cleaner than the HD6xx. The same test with the HD6xx yields a superior sound quality everywhere when paired with a great amplifier. This headphone is actually a collaboration between Massdrop and Sennheiser to actually bring back the old HD 580 which had started it all and this headphone has been tuned by Axel Grell himself! It hardly, if at all, scales up with expensive gear so this is the best stepping stone open back and over-ear headphone on the market at the moment. But, it is hyper boring and refuses to change and scale up with better sources. Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee (Massdrop) This headphone is an homage to Axel Grell‘s first headphone, the HD580 Precision. These are the result of a partnership with the website Massdrop. I’ve been on EQ kick lately but also crave something that I can just plug in anywhere and have it sound good without DSP. If you want someone you care about to get into better audio, this is what you should be gifting them. There is a trick of the ear happening though, at least, in my opinion. If your ears are like mine and always pick up on the heftiness and sparkle factor overall, then you should drop the extra money on the HD6xx. Quick on the draw and has a noticeably faster decay than the HD6xx in the midrange. For example, while plugged into my Pixel 3 (with that stupid dongle) I was able to listen to music perfectly fine, but only when I maxed out the volume on my Pixel. This obviously isn’t ideal and means that my Pixel 3, in particular, isn’t the best device to drive the Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee with. pwjazz. The Sennheiser HD58X has been getting a ton of hype recently. If you enjoy a pure and forward midrange, this is a great option for you. On an objective level, the headphone that has superior audio fidelity and quality, for the most part on the low end, is the HD58x Jubilee by a narrow margin. We don’t need a step back to the 90s and early 2000’s when plastic was okay. The HD58x Jubilee is probably the best overall open back option in this price bracket, no doubt about it. But, there doesn't seem to be many replacement ear pads listed as designed for it. Not to sound cheesy, but they feel solid, comfortably reminding you that you’re wearing them. Massdrop took your money and improved the product while you weren't not looking before delivering. In that case, the lightweight plastic combined with the plush padding makes for a truly comfortable pair of headphones. The low end is given a very slight bump that makes the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee very pleasing to listen to. The HD660s and this HD58x are the closest to sharing a similar presentation. 508501. plugable. Created with Sketch. The latter is very soft, so lower listening levels mutes the top end a bit too much, whereas the HD58x still retains good treble quantity at lower listening volumes. By that, I mean the HD58x sounds a well into the neutral tier and is dry overall. Massdrop x Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee Harmonic Distortions . I was able to listen to these for a full day during testing (that’s roughly six or seven hours straight) without issue. That’s emphasized even further by the all-plastic build. We thank Massdrop for this opportunity. The Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X are a high resolution headphone with a frequency response range of 12 – 38500 Hz. In terms of literal fidelity and purity, the HD58x Jubilee fairs extremely well. A lot of people love that neutrality. That isn’t a bad thing. The treble feels identical when using my Shanling M5s DAP by itself and then using the same DAP as a source through my Heron 5. Amazon.com: NewFantasia Audio Upgrade Cable Compatible with Sennheiser HD650, HD600, HD580, HD660S, HD58X, HD565, Massdrop HD6XX Headphone Silver Plated Wire with 3.5mm 1/8" Male & 6.3mm 1/4" Adapter 1.9m/6ft: Industrial & Scientific Basically the 6xx is warmer/smoother and more … In fact, for the price, maybe two or three other headphones exist on the market that are just as nice or can be with sufficient amplifier and DAC quality. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that it almost perfectly bridges the gap between what audiophiles would enjoy and what the common person would enjoy. HIFIMAN HE400i 2020 Version Full-Size Over-Ear Planar Magnetic Professional Headphones with E… It is far easier to listen to for extended periods of time than the HD58x. They don’t have hinges for folding and the ear cups don’t rotate either, but this is one of those rare instances where that’s okay. However, that changes when I use an expensive amplifier and DAC, where the HD6xx moves out ahead in quality. It is not very colored and also feels less dense than the HD6xx. It is significantly more forward, objectively, on the HD58x. The HD58x has even deeper bass than HD6xx and it is its strong relative advantage compared to the HD6xx. So, when referencing the HD58x with this amplifier, the experience feels wildly different in a physical sense. Disclaimer: The Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee was sent to us a sample in exchange for our honest opinion and does not have to be returned. Overall, the mids were solid but not amazing. The Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee is a reinterpretation of the original Sennheiser HD580 and is priced at a very competitive $149.99. en-US.sennheiser.com; ... HD 58X MASSDROP. The HD58x is the better value for casual listeners who don’t have an expensive rig. If you are someone who likes a thicker heft to the entire sound signature, then this is not for you. Whether you need an amp or not depends on your source device—but in this case it’s safe to say one wouldn’t hurt. COPYRIGHT © 2020 SoundGuys, All Rights Reserved. I have owned every Sennheiser model in the HD over ears series and enjoyed pretty much all of them, save for a few. I want to see some metal and better materials used, even if it is a remake, they should have remade it with better construction. more_vert. Well, sometimes the measurements keep us honest. Sennheiser X Massdrop HD58X. It needs usage. The HD650/600/580 were just good at imaging overall, depending on your needs and desires, purchase accordingly. Massdrop Sennheiser HD58X - Official Thread. Comfortable That damned HD650 veil is still there and it is bested, again, objectively, by the HD58x on the low end. If you’re into gorgeous open-back headphones and affordable prices, you should try getting acquainted with Massdrop. The HD58x Jubilee is not what I would call a polite sounding headphone. Not much to write home about with the Massdrop box presentations. Luckily, you won’t need to invest in anything too expensive or uncommon, and I was able to power these adequately even with something as simple as a Scarlett 2i2 interface. Upon first use on my head, the clamping pressure is too much for me to handle. For $150, these are hard to beat if you want a dedicated pair of listening headphones for your desk or listening station. The HD58x houses a superior imaging system inside of the sound void with regard to stage forward realism. They are a collaboration between Sennheiser and Massdrop and can only be purchased on the Drop website. The HD58x is more pure feeling, but thinner and harsher on physical strike impact level. This HD58x Jubilee has very little sparkle factor. 2. remove_red_eye. NewFantasia Replacement Audio Upgrade Cable Compatible with Sennheiser HD650, HD600, HD580, HD660S, HD58X, HD565, HD545, HD535, HD525, HD265, Massdrop HD6XX Headphones 1.5meters/4.9feet 5.0 out of 5 stars 6 SOULSIK. Launched after a a big collaboration between Massdrop and Sennheiser International to deliver a superb version of the HD58X Jubilee. Side by side with my older AKG Tiesto K267, which has lovely sparkle, probably the best sparkle treble in a mid-tier headphone, the HD58x sounds and feels bone dry in a desert on the hottest day on record. Like a good logo, Sennheiser headphones have a look to them that lets you know you’re holding a pair of its headphones. Created with Sketch. The same will happen with this HD58x. HD58X or HD6XX?? My ultimate goal in this life is to experience as many Hifi rigs as possible...because I am an audio addict. Don’t get me wrong, if you’re leaving these on your desk you won’t have any issues, but I’d be nervous about chucking them in a backpack. Aug 11, 2018 1196 VIEWS. You can also adjust the ear cups slightly as they tilt back and forth to fit the head of the wearer, but don’t expect to toss these in your bag on your next trip. To my ear, it is overly dry and unappealing. However, the one factor I dislike about the HD6xx is that recessive quality the midrange pushes. The Sennheiser HD 58X is no exception with large oval-shaped ear cups and plush velour padding. Article No. I also enjoy bass boost and more of a sense of control and depth. Fortunately, the cable is pretty sturdy and I don’t see you having any issues unless you have a pretty spectacular accident. The Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee is a reinterpretation of the original Sennheiser HD580 and is priced at a very competitive $149.99.

How To Use Hyperdia, Access 2010 Show Navigation Pane, Epiphone Sg 400 Pro Review, Panera Green Goddess Dressing, Rainbow Dash Coloring Page Printable, Dewalt 1/2" Vsr Right Angle Stud & Joist Drill Dwd460, Dividend Payout Formula, Quick Sailor Bdo, Amli 900 Resident Portal,

Our Hotel Partners

Partners

Are you looking for a Hen Activity only Event? Click below for more

Ireland's Biggest Provider of Stag, Hen and Corporate Event Activities